Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Just say it



How often is it in our daily life that we tell someone how much they truly mean to us? Not very often, sadly. We live our lives, appreciating others kindness, and yet we rarely take the time to tell them how much they mean to us. Taking advantage of the fact that they are there for us, offering a word of encouragement or praise. And yet, we never seem to stop and look around us at the people in our lives. What would happen if we all took a moment today to thank those we care about? Whether that’s phoning them, telling them face to face, sending them an e-mail, texting them, or some other way. Taking that moment to say thank you. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for putting up with me when I was at my worst. For your words of encouragement and praise. For coming to me when I was in the wrong, confronting me because you cared. Thank you for all you have done for me, and for all you continue doing. Thank you for being a part of my life. Can you imagine that? If every single one of us did that today? It would be a massive wave of selfless love and appreciation. It would change everything. And it would encourage those people, and show them how much they really mean to us. So I encourage us all to do that today. Say what you have been feeling, let them know how much you care. Let’s say “Thank you” with no strings attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment