Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Time








 "A thousand moments that I had just taken for granted- mostly because I had assumed that there would be a thousand more."
                ~Morgan Matson, Second Chance Summer

I saw that quote the other day and it stopped me in my tracks. There are quotes or songs that I hear that make me pause in my day. Often they are achingly beautiful, bittersweet and mournful. They draw me back to blurred memories and sound hauntingly familiar. Is it the cry of my soul? This particular quote made me pause and think about one of God’s greatest gifts to us: time. How often do we just let it pass us by because we think it will never end? I like to take it as my right, it’s my time, forgetting that God has given it to me to be used wisely. Filling my days with useless things, I spend hours on the computer in boredom rather than searching out fulfilling opportunities. I wonder how much time has passed through my hands without me noticing. It scares me really. Every moment is a gift. I have a finite amount of time to live. How should I live knowing that life is only temporary here? I am failing all too often with my time. Is this how God would have me live? Will I arrive in heaven at the end of my days and hear Him say I wasted the time He provided? No. That is not how I want to live. I do not want to take the moments of each day for granted, expecting to live forever. Time goes quickly and I want to do my best not to waste it. Time is so precious and none of us know how long we have to live. Let us use the time God has given us wisely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment