Monday, 9 May 2016

Spring Rain

A few days ago we had a short rain shower. It was so refreshing and I ran out after the rain stopped to take pictures. I absolutely love rain, it's one my favourite things. Raindrops always seem so adorable to me and I wanted to capture a little of the cuteness!








I was looking at our plum tree and saw a little lady bug crawling along one of the branches. I managed to snap a few pictures before it flew away. Lady bugs always make me think of when I was little, searching for them in the garden. They are so sweet.



More raindrops! Our peonies are getting ready to bloom and I can't wait! Peonies are another one of my favourite blossoms.






I found this lichen on one of the big rocks we have at our place. I like the different textures and colours.



Unfortunately we had to cut down one of the trees in our yard this spring because it was completely diseased. The stump looked really interesting after the rain as the dampness brought out the richness of the wood rings. 





I love, love, love rainstorms and the sense of peace that comes with it. This was one of our first showers here and I just had to go take pictures of all the beauty. I am continually amazed at how lovely the earth is and how blessed I am to be able to enjoy it. 


Do you like rainstorms? Let me know in the comments! 




4 comments:

  1. You should move to England ;) Also these are really good photos!
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Faucets Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you have enjoyed it :)

      Delete